Along with the rapid development of the times supported by the latest technology, making the presence of various innovations based on technology, such as ERP System. These innovations will certainly provide convenience for all people in carrying out an activity. These improvement as well will focus on the change to make things better. That is why the ability that enable a party to change quickly according to need is very important, this is what we call as Agile Methodology.
Technology will be the latest method to make it easier for developers to create good software, namely agile. Do you know what agile methodology means? This article will give the readers information about the importance of agile methodology in software development.
Table of Contents
- The Definition of Agile Development Methodology
- The Definition of Agile Manifesto
- The Principles of Agile Development Methodology
- The Purposes of Agile Development Methodology
- The Benefit of Agile Methodology
- The Agile Methodology Types
The Definition of Agile Development Methodology
Agile has the meaning as a software development methodology that is used repeatedly. This methodology or agile model is also familiar as framework. Nowadays, this methodology is widely used by many startups to develop their software.
The agile model comes as an alternative to the waterfall method. This method requires a linear flow. So, the ongoing progress cannot be interrupted in the middle of the progress. The agile model concept emphasizes flexibility in every change that occurs.
The Definition of Agile Manifesto
Initially, agile methods or agile model came as a concept called agile manifesto. The manifesto can be defined as the value of software development that was initiated by a software developers group consisting of Jon Kern, Alistair Cockburn, Kent Beck, Ward Cunningham, Arie van Bennekum, and the other group members.
They assume that the waterfall method is inefficient because there is a long process between requirement and product delivery. This might be a potential of project cancellation. Also, they assume that the needs of the market are rapidly changing. So, they initiated the agile manifesto.
These are four essential values in this manifesto, such as:
- Individuals and interactions over process and tools.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following a plan.
The Principles of Agile Development Methodology
The initiation of the agile manifesto by a software developers group not only determines the essential value of software development. But they also determine the principles of agile methodology. Here are some principles in this method:
- Focusing on customer satisfaction through a quick software release.
- Accept any changes that are asked by customers even though the work has reached the final stage.
- Developers should be able to do a daily release and updates of software.
- Build a good relationship every day between software developers and customers.
- Bring positive spirit and motivation to work projects and build a positive work environment.
- Build a good communication pattern in software development projects.
- Software run optimally is a project’s key success.
- Support sustainable software development.
- Develop high-quality software in terms of technology and design.
- Emphasize the importance of simplicity to avoid unimportant work.
- The management of the software development team becomes the determinant of all needs.
- To work effectively and gain the staff performance, there needs to be a daily evaluation of each software development team.
The Purposes of Agile Development Methodology
There are several purposes of agile methodology. Here is the explanation of each purpose:
High value and working app system
Firstly, the explanation of this purpose is to create software that has a high selling value. Therefore, developing software must be able to reduce the development cost.
Iterative, instrumental, and evolutionary
Through this methodology, software development is expected to be done continuously and can undergo the necessary changes. Furthermore, this method is one of the flexible methods in software development.
Cost control and value-driven development
The software development must be able to fulfill the user’s needs. In addition, software development costs must be controlled.
In developing software, it is important to ensure that the software quality is good. Therefore, customers will feel satisfied with the results of software development.
Flexible and risk management
Software must be design flexibly in facing all possible changes. So, the software development can avoid failures that can occur at any time.
Software developers should be able to collaborate well. Surely, good collaboration between developers will be a driving factor in software development success.
Self-organizing and self-managing teams
The software development teams must be able to organize all the tasks that are carried out. Also, support from the director is important to increase the solidarity between the software development team in a project management system.
The Benefit of Agile Methodology
This methodology certainly will give various benefits. In using these methods, a project later will be divide into several work units. Later, this work unit will give convenience in completing the software development project.
This methodology will allow customers to be involved in the entire process of a project. So, this method makes the software developers more responsive to the customer needs. As a result, the satisfaction of the customer will be increase.
Furthermore, the productivity of each development team will be increase through the implementation of agile methodology. This is because each development team can do the work task without waiting for the task from another team.
In addition, this method will increase your project quality. The software developer needs to provide the best quality in software development to satisfy the customers.
The Agile Methodology Types
Agile methodology has several types. Furthermore, here are the several types of agile methodology:
- Agile Modelling (AM)
- Adaptive Software Development (ASD)
- Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM)
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Rational Unified Process
- Scrum Methodology
Agile methodology is a software development method that provides many benefits for software developers. One of these benefits is increasing the efficiency of software development. As a result, these benefits make this methods become popular.
Automation your business with ERP software from HashMicro suitable for multiple types of companies. Take more accurate decisions with the support of the most advanced business management software. Nowadays, many companies have chosen HashMicro to increase the company’s operational efficiency. HashMicro is ready to take your company to the highest level. Therefore, Contact us immediately to get the best deals and free demos.