The term P2P is a familiar thing heard by people working in the world of technology, especially in Information Technology (IT). Peer to peer is a network consisting of more than one computer and the goal is to facilitate the sharing process in an environment. Generally, if the network consists of two computers, then you can simply use the LAN / UTP cable on the network card of each computer.
As the times of all needs shift to technological sophistication, HashMicro ERP software provides a solution to your every concern. In this article, we will discuss in full the basics of P2P. Check it out!
Table of Content
Definition of Peer to Peer
Peer to peer is a network that makes up two or more computers at once. This network brings together server and client computers. In addition, the interconnected computers have the same position and do not have existing central control.
The process of data sharing can take place quickly and easily because this network does not use control or access rights. Even for security, every computer will have full responsibility for its computer. You can use an accounting system to perform cost calculations in peer to peer
Maybe we’ll try to set an example. Suppose there are 3 computers that you will connect, namely computers A, B, and C. In the case of this network computer A will take files from computer B. From this, it is seen that computer A is a server and computer B is a client.
Then, at other times this A and C computer will give or share a file to computer B. Then the current role of server is computer B. Meanwhile, computers A and C are clients.
Characteristic of P2P in Information Technology
In doing differentiators in the network, then there are some special characteristics that can make you know that the network is P2P. The characteristics of the network are:
- Do not need another computer for the dedicated server
- Has no control over security settings on a network
- There are no specific requirements or specifications for the computer to be connected within the network.
- The computer on the network acts as a server and client at once.
Advantages of Peer to Peer
Of course there are some advantages that you can feel in using this network. Here are the benefits of P2P:
- Easy installation process
- Prices are still affordable
- The computer will still act as a server and client at the same time.
- No need for an administrator
- You don’t need any other software to be a server.
- The network does not depend on the server.
- When one computer has obstacles, it will not interfere with the network on another computer.
Disadvantages of Peer to Peer
Of course, in addition to having advantages, there are also shortcomings in P2P that you must know if you plan to do so. Disadvantages of this network include:
- It has low performance compared to clients and servers. Because every computer available must manage the network independently.
- The security system is only the responsibility of the user.
- When the network begins to spread on each computer, backup data must be done independently.
- The administration that is still uncontrolled (can be overcome with integrated HRM software)
P2P is also a network that will integrate two or more computers into having the same rights, obligations, and standing. This method becomes one solution for companies that want to make data management more efficient.
You can use HashMicro’s ERP Software which can also integrate all your business activities and manage activities in each branch of your business with one centralized platform. In addition, you can do the procurement process run automatically when the availability of stock has approached the minimum limit. Schedule your free demo now!