With the booming amount of growth in the manufacturing industry, there is an extreme need for the organization of day-to-day business processes that cannot be handled by one person or a small group of people.
Manufacturers also need real-time and accurate data to help them identify areas for improvement, forecast consumer demand as well as revenue, and find ways to save costs, which can be achieved more easily with the help of automated solutions.
Here is a list of software systems that will be very useful for manufacturing companies.
This one is the most important software system for manufacturing companies because it is specifically designed to automate complex and repetitive processes in manufacturing facilities.
Manufacturing software systems make it easier for manufacturers to eliminate non-value added processes, remove unplanned downtimes, prevent bottlenecks in the production process, optimize scheduling and resource allocation regardless of the plant location, have complete visibility of the entire manufacturing process, and adhere to quality standards.
The modern manufacturing software system features include:
- Manufacturing Order makes it easy for manufacturers to provide instructions needed for manufacturing work, including determining the products to be made, the quantity of the products, production routings, and the commencement date
- Work Order manages work order information and determine the checklist for each task in the work order
- Order Planning enables manufacturers to manage and change production schedules and plan the resources required in the production process
- Bill of Material helps manufacturers create production formulas or determine the components needed in making a product
- Routing determines the sequence of routing for products and work orders and manages complete routing information such as BOM codes, work centers, machine IDs, workforce names, duration types and more
Inventory Management Software
Manufacturers need inventory management software to help them ensure materials are always at sufficient levels to prevent downtimes in the production process. Good inventory management software systems allow manufacturers to manage their inventory across multiple manufacturing plants so that they can monitor stock availability and allocate all resources through one system.
Here are some main features in an advanced inventory management system:
- Stock Level Management helps inventory managers to set minimum inventory levels and push notifications to prompt timely reordering
- Procurement Management enables manufacturers to automatically reorder certain materials to suppliers when they are running low
- Supplier Management manages complete information of suppliers, making it easier for manufacturers to find the best deals
- Forecasting allows manufacturers to identify high demand and profitable products as well as forecast future material needs so as to avoid unnecessary purchases
Supply chain management is a systematic approach to managing the distribution of goods from raw material suppliers, through manufacturers, and finally to consumers or end users.
Manufacturing businesses need supply chain management (SCM) software to streamline their supply chains, from ensuring raw material availability, communicating with suppliers, controlling purchasing costs, to ensuring that goods are delivered on time.
The main features in a sophisticated SCM system include:
- Order Management streamlines order processing by eliminating various obstacles, preventing errors, expediting invoicing process, and ensuring timely payment
- Inventory Management simplifies inventory tracking, ensures availability of raw materials and finished goods, and controls purchasing costs
- Shipping Tracking helps manufacturers ensure orders are sent to customers on time and allows couriers to update shipping status
- Planning and Forecasting provides comprehensive insights to help manufacturers avoid unnecessary purchases, shortages and overstock, and forecast future inventory needs
- Return Management facilitates the process of returning goods to consumers through effortless steps
The manufacturing industry has undergone a dramatic transformation for years. Previously, manufacturers responded to whatever the customer needed. Today, they are becoming more customer centric. Instead of waiting for customers to tell them what they need, manufacturers can now forecast what will be in demand within the next few months and use techniques such as lean manufacturing and automation to meet that demand.
CRM systems can help manufacturing businesses analyze consumer behavior more easily through real-time and complete sales data and focus on the best opportunities.
Here are some critical features manufacturers should look for in a modern CRM system:
- Customer Database Management makes it easier for manufacturers to manage the details of their prospective and existing customers
- Sales Pipeline Management allows the manufacturing sales team to create and monitor sales pipelines, update the lead and sales status, and analyze opportunities
- Email Marketing enables the marketing team to create and personalize campaigns to leads and customers according to their segmentation
- Sales Reporting helps manufacturers gain insights into their sales profits and losses, analyze the behavior of customers and leads, figure out sales turnover, and so on
- Sales Force Management helps sales managers distribute prospective customers to the right salespeople while monitoring their performance
Employees are one of the most important assets in the manufacturing business, because they are the ones who keep the production process running. Therefore, it is very important for the company to ensure their welfare. HRM software can help manufacturing companies meet their employee needs.
Here are the main benefits of HRM software systems for manufacturing companies:
- Manage employee salaries based on their working hours
- Keep track of employee attendance and leaves
- Facilitate employee satisfaction surveys and performance appraisals
- Ensure smooth recruitment process for future production planning
HashMicro’s Manufacturing ERP software consists of aforementioned software components. It simplifies your daily manufacturing operations. Get a special discount of 10% on our complete ERP system by entering the promo code “Hash10” in the inquiry form.